Edgeware CDN Selector makes it easy for you to deliver your TV through the CDN that fits best with your needs and business rules. The software is managed centrally and supports video streaming through multiple third party CDN providers as well as your own.
You will only have to store, repackage and encrypt your TV assets in one place, i.e. your own central repository as opposed to having these at multiple providers. This cuts down a significant part of your operational expenses. Cache misses from CDNs can be repackaged and encrypted on the fly to maximize reach. Distribution policy and business rules (e.g. ensure premium content to be delivered at high quality to paid subscribers only) can be enforced centrally.
Create rules based on parameters such as…
Content type, location of the viewer or ISP, time of the day, load across CDNs, current quality on the CDN, quotas, etc.
Single point of origination and storage
… instead of having your content repackaged and stored at all the different providers.
WHAT IT DOES
- Easy-to-implement and customize business rules based on a broad selection of parameters
- One place to manage routing for own CDN as well as third party providers
- One central repository to store, repackage and encrypt your assets
- Delivery optimization based on quality and cost
- Advanced analytics to compare delivery efficiency and quality of the CDNs
- Consolidated view of audience metrics
HOW IT WORKS
- When a client requests a content, Edgeware CDN Selector performs validation of the request based on pre-configured business rules.
- The software evaluates the current load across all the CDNs, including own CDN, and selects the best option for delivery.
- Request is routed to the best streamer or CDN based on criteria such as proximity, availability and server load.
- Approved client requests are directed to the selected CDNs where content will be streamed in the required formats.
- If required formats are not readily available, the requested asset is repackaged and encrypted just in time so that requested content is streamed to client device in the right format.
HOW TO DEPLOY
Edgeware CDN Selector can be deployed on standard computing platforms, and comes pre-integrated with our software-based Virtualized TV Server and our plug-and-play TV Servers.
Together, you create a flexible mix-and-match configuration which combines the benefits of elastic scaling with the ability to cost-effectively scale your TV delivery via a distributed CDN. Edgeware products can be used to build origin and CDN solutions.