Multitenancy enables those of you with existing CDN infrastructure to resell your capacity to content providers, aggregators, broadcasters, and other providers in the ecosystem such as the ISPs. The software leverages on existing resources, maximizing the investments you have already made and increases revenue opportunities.
As a network operator, you are able to ensure sufficient streaming and storage capacity are provided to your tenants based on demand. By monitoring tenants’ resource consumption, you get early indicators of potential bottleneck in resources before they occur, avoiding resource depletion. You can instantly expand capacity by simply unlocking streaming or storage license keys, or redirect traffic to third party CDNs. You can also offer access to analytics and reporting portal to each tenant.
A national telecom operator in Europe uses its Edgeware TV delivery infrastructure to deliver TV over broadband for the national public broadcaster, providing live TV, catch-up and network-based PVR services.
It has located TV edge servers in over 100 points within its network around the country and shares their capacity across both its own TV services and the broadcaster’s.
WHAT IT DOES
- Unique management interface for tenants and network operators (e.g. for tenants to upload content or schedule recordings)
- Early indicators of potential bottleneck in resources based on advanced forecasting and trend analysis
- Instant expansion of capacity (streaming and storage) in edge caches by simply unlocking license keys
- Access to monitoring and reporting dashboard for each tenant
- Weekly or monthly reporting in PDF for both tenants and operators (e.g. content and viewer behavior, cache misses, etc.)
- Enforcement of content policies and control such as geo or device blocking and concurrency sessions
- Ability to route traffic to third party CDNs via CDN Selector
- External origins can be added through API
HOW IT WORKS
- The network operator manages tenant accounts and monitors streaming and storage resource consumption for each tenant.
- Multitenancy provides early indicators to operators when additional resources are needed, so that operators can plan to expand capacity or redirect traffic to external CDNs.
- Tenants can upload, select content, and schedule recordings on their own using the interface designed for each tenant.
- Content policy can be applied as routing rules if necessary.
- Monitoring and analytics for resource usage, viewership, network performance etc. are available for each tenant.
HOW TO DEPLOY
Multitenancy can be deployed on standard computing platforms, and comes pre-integrated with our software-based Virtualized TV Server and our plug-and-play TV Servers.
Together, you create a flexible mix-and-match configuration which combines the benefits of elastic scaling with the ability to cost-effectively scale your TV delivery via a distributed CDN. Edgeware products can be used to build origin and CDN solutions.