Edgeware TV Delivery creates an amazing viewing experience by using a dynamic edge cache to hold the most popular TV content closer to your IPTV and OTT viewers, then streaming it from the edge of the network.
It can also repackage, encrypt and personalize the stream to include ad-insertion, watermarking, start-over, catch-up, pause-live TV, and serve multiple devices directly at the edge without the need to go back to the source content and fetch lots of different versions. With larger libraries and longer recording windows, this solution offers huge scalability as demand grows. It prevents backhaul capacity bottleneck and the need to ‘rip and replace’ existing infrastructure. The content only needs to be ingested once, before Edgeware automatically distributes it to multiple delivery servers in a cluster. Assets are distributed intelligently over multiple clusters to build a caching hierarchy.
Having a single “pay as you grow” solution that scales to all device types without having to manage duplicate, siloed delivery networks has proven to result in at least 50% CAPEX savings.
80% of your viewers watch only 20% of your content. By using an edge cache to replicate the most popular content and channels, you can serve nearly all of your content to your viewers without it having to cross the network. Essentially, you reduce upstream network traffic by 80%.
WHAT IT DOES
- Dynamic IPTV and OTT streaming for all TV services on a single platform
- Just-in-time repackaging at the edge – saving network bandwidth and storage
- Trick play capability based on a single asset with subsecond latency
- Edge pause-live TV service for true live viewing experience
- Integrated wholesale CDN capabilities
- Clustering and caching hierarchy increases availability with no single point of failure
- In-depth viewer and quality analytics to enable personalization
- Popularity based caching – auto-propagation of popular content close to the viewers
HOW IT WORKS
- Edgeware TV Servers deployed at the center of the network act as a bandwidth expansion to handle more requests.
- Delivery servers deployed closer to the edge cache content based on an intelligent popularity algorithm – the most popular content is automatically propagated close to the viewers. This has proven to reduce backhaul traffic by 80%.
- Caching hierarchy and services can be scaled in pace of growth by unlocking streaming capacity on existing appliances or by adding more delivery servers without changing existing architecture.
- Content can be streamed through all levels – requests for the most popular assets are sent to the edge clusters and longer-tail requests are served directly from centralized clusters to increase edge cache-hit efficiency.
HOW TO DEPLOY
Edgeware TV Delivery can be deployed as a software-based Virtualized TV Server or on Edgeware’s plug-and-play TV Servers, optimized for TV right out-of-the-box.
Edgeware TV Servers can be placed in the origin or at the edge of your network. They provide services that include repackaging, encryption, caching and streaming, and can all be managed by the same software layer. Together, you create a flexible mix-and-match configuration which combines the benefits of elastic scaling with the ability to cost-effectively scale your TV delivery via a distributed CDN. Edgeware products can be used to build origin and CDN solutions.