TV Repackager converts your live and VOD assets to the different streaming formats required by today’s devices such as HLS, MSS, DASH. Content can also be encrypted, and is applied on request according on its digital rights management (DRM) schemes.
Both repackaging and encryption are done on the fly. You only have to keep a single copy of your video profiles and the right ABR formats are generated on request. It also supports your existing libraries without the need to reencode these assets. This translates to significant savings in storage. In addition, by having the functions in-house, you can rapidly support new client requirements and standards such as 4K, UHD, VR.
WHAT IT DOES
- Ingest only once, universal output formats – including HLS, MPEG-DASH, and MSS
- Content protection in the same workflow, integrated with all leading DRM providers including Verimatrix, PlayReady, Fairplay and Widevine. Support for additional security features such as key rotation and partial encryption.
- Ready to use with existing live and VOD assets without reencoding entire libraries
- Support for multi-language audio and subtitles for each respective streaming format.
- Streaming latest 4K, UHD standards with subsecond latency
- Or you can use Edge TV Repackager which allows you to repackage on the fly at the edge of the CDN, allowing you to distribute and cache your content in a single format.
HOW IT WORKS
- All of your assets, either live ATS feed or VOD or recordings, are ingested in the origin into a mezzanine format ready for rapid repackaging to required ABR format on request.
- When content is requested, Edgeware TV Repackager retrieves the requested content, converts and encrypts to the right ABR format (e.g. HLS, MSS, DASH) required by the client device.
- Streaming can be delivered to clients via an Edgeware CDN or third party CDN providers.
HOW TO DEPLOY
Edgeware TV Repackager can be deployed on standard computing platforms or Edgeware’s plug-and-play TV servers, optimized for TV right out-of-the-box.
Together, you create a flexible mix-and-match configuration which combines the benefits of elastic scaling with the ability to cost-effectively scale your TV delivery via a distributed TV CDN. Edgeware products can be used to build origin and CDN solutions.