Edgeware CDN Selector makes it easy for you to deliver your OTT TV content through a third party CDN, should your own CDN be overloaded or not in the geographical jurisdiction.
The CDN Selector’s routing policies can be used to determine which of the third party CDNs that best match your needs, for example has the most cost efficient delivery during different times of the day.
Stream from a third party CDN to…
Offload your own CDN – perhaps during peak hours – to maximize your CDN business case…
… streaming to viewers outside your geographical jurisdiction.
WHAT IT DOES
- Routes to a third party CDN of your choice based on different business policies applied
- Directs the request to a third party CDN should your own CDN be overloaded. The third party CDN can then carry the peak traffic, for example during big live events
- Directs the request to a third party CDN if the request comes from viewers outside your geographical jurisdiction
- Easily integrates to all major CDNs
HOW IT WORKS
- The CDN Selector receives the client’s request and routes it to the third party CDN of your choice.
- If your CDN is fully loaded – perhaps during a live event – the CDN Selector can route to a third party CDN.
- If the request comes from outside your geographical jurisdiction, the CDN Selector can route to a third party CDN that is within the geographical area requested.
- In both cases described above, the TV content is streamed from the third party CDN to the viewer.
HOW TO DEPLOY
Edgeware CDN Selector offers multiple deployment options for various customer preferences. Functions can be deployed on standard computing platforms or in the cloud.
Together, you create a flexible mix-and-match configuration which combines the benefits of elastic scaling with the ability to cost-effectively scale your TV delivery via a distributed CDN.