Edgeware CDN Selector makes it easy for you to deliver your OTT TV content through a third party CDN, should your own CDN be overloaded or not in the geographical jurisdiction.
The routing policies set centrally in Edgeware’s TV Director are, when accompanied with the CDN Selector, used to determine whether to route to your own CDN or to a third party CDN of your choice .
Stream from a third party CDN if your own is…
Overloaded, not available or simply not close to where all your viewers are…
… to all major CDN providers, extending your service reach.
WHAT IT DOES
- Routes to third party CDN should your own CDN be overloaded or not in your viewers geographical jurisdiction
- Directs the request based on routing policies set in the TV Director
- Easily integrates to all major CDNs
HOW IT WORKS
- A client request for a particular content is received by Edgeware’s TV Director which performs validation of the request based on pre-configured business rules.
- If your own CDN is not available due to server load level or geographic jurisdiction, the TV Director activates the CDN Selector.
- The CDN Selector directs the request to a CDN of your choice.
- The TV content is streamed from the third party CDN.
HOW TO DEPLOY
Edgeware CDN Selector offers multiple deployment options for various customer preferences. Functions can be deployed on standard computing platforms or in the cloud.
Together, you create a flexible mix-and-match configuration which combines the benefits of elastic scaling with the ability to cost-effectively scale your TV delivery via a distributed CDN.