Cavena OCR Subtitling, part of Edgeware’s StreamBuilder, transcodes subtitles in an easy and quick way for OTT delivery. With the capabilities to deliver high quality subtitles to any client, in any screen size and in any language, the Cavena OCR Subtitling is one of the key factors for delivering the best quality of experience (QoE) for your OTT TV viewers. Using Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology, the image-based subtitles are automatically – and instantly – transcoded to text-based subtitles and ready for distribution to the client device.
WHAT IT DOES
- ReadsDVB subtitle data from a transport stream and transcodes these on-the-fly to one or more transmission formats
- Instantaneous conversionfrom image-based to text-based subtitling using OCR technology
- Enables subtitles to be prepared for any ABR format (HLS, MPEG DASH, MSS) requested formultiscreen OTT delivery
- Supports more than 100 languages including Asian
- Deploy on-prem or as Edgeware Cloud Service
HOW IT WORKS
- Cavena-based Subtitle Transmission Unit (STU) reads subtitle data from incoming TV signal/transport stream.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology is used to convert the image-based subtitles to text-based subtitles.
- The subtitle file is repackaged into any ABR-format requested by the client device, either using Edgeware’s Packager and Protection product or by any other packaging product.
- The subtitle file is delivered together with audio and video files in the ABR format requested by the client device.
HOW TO DEPLOY
OCR Subtitling offers multiple deployment options to suit various customer preferences. The product is offered as a managed service with Edgeware managing it from the cloud, or as an on-prem for deployment on standard computing platforms in data centers or private/public clouds.
The wide range of deployment options provides unique elastic scaling capabilities to suit your specific business needs.