WHAT IS VIRTUAL CHANNEL CREATION?
Create the next generation of online TV and adapt your online channels based on your viewers’ location or interest. Virtual Channel Creation is a way for broadcasters or online TV providers to create hybrid channels, i.e. online variants of a channel, such as creating regional online variants of a national channel by adding local news and weather. The solution helps improve your relevance with online viewers and advertisers and increase your reach into new regions and with new viewers. Read more how you can use Virtual Channel Creation to improve your relevance and reach on our Tech blog.
Edgeware offers the ability to create online variants of a channel in the streaming domain, as opposed to the traditional broadcast domain, which allows significant cost savings.
Application areas for virtual channels include:
- Regionalized online channels. Tailor-make online regional channels by stitching regional content into a national channel.
- Interest-based online channels. Tailor-make online channels by stitching VoD assets into live content.
- Ad Insertion by region. Increase the value for ad buyers by offering ad spaces to local advertisers in a region.
- Replacement content by region. Manage restrictions in online distribution rights with blackout or replacement content for viewers that are located outside a geographical jurisdiction for the requested content.
- Efficient encoding for repeated content. Reduce the need to repeat encoding and packaging of content that is repeated across the channel lineup.