Subtitle files need to support a large and ever-growing number of formats in order to allow them to be used in multiple applications. This requires a conversion system that can offer a high level of flexibility both in terms of supported import formats and supported export formats.
Edgeware’s Cavena-based conversion system, TOOLBOX, is used to convert text files into different subtitle file formats, export subtitle files to text files, and convert between different subtitle file formats and TV standards.
TOOLBOX is a professional subtitle file format conversion system offering the possibility to create your own file format template for importing and exporting subtitle text files.
WHAT IT DOES
- Imports text and time codes for different formats in user-defined templates. Supports conversion of 30, 30DF, 25, 24 and other time codes.
- Supported import formats: .SRT, WebVTT, TTML, PAC, .STL teletext, .STL open, .890, .CIP, .OVR, .OVU, .TXT
- Supported export formats: .SRT, WebVTT, TTML, 890, .CIP, .STL, .TXT and XML
- Converts NTSC, PAL and other formats with correct horizontal and vertical positioning.
- Converts from 625 to 525 and vice versa including vertical position re-calculation.
- Converts from NTSC 30 frame to dropped frame or 25 frames and vice versa.
- Cross conversion from format to format.
- Converts from Line 21 Closed captioning to Teletext captioning
HOW IT WORKS
- The subtitle file is opened in the TOOLBOX software.
- The subtitle file is saved in the requested format.
HOW TO DEPLOY
TOOLBOX operates using Windows OS on a standard PC, laptop or desktop.