Time-shift TV, part of Edgeware’s StreamBuilder product family, unlocks the value of your live content by offering time-shift services such as start-over TV, catch-up TV and cloud DVR. Store your live content in the circular buffer or as a recording and capitalize your TV rights investments by offering TV services whenever and wherever your customers want.
WHAT IT DOES
- Store your live content to enables multiple time-shift services such as catch-up TV, start-over and cloud DVR
- Store the live segments in internal or external circular buffer (NAS) providing flexible and redundant configurations for optimized storage utilization and glitch-free failover
- Enable cloud DVR services by storing the segments as recordings on a NAS or in a cloud-based storage
- Deploy on-prem or as Edgeware Cloud Service
HOW IT WORKS
- Segmented live streams from the Ingest and Segmentation product are stored in the circular buffer.
- Content is extracted from circular buffer and offered as time-shift TV services such as catch-up and start-over TV.
- Private and shared copies (cloud DVR) can be done by persisting part of the circular buffer as a VoD asset on internal or external storage (NAS).
- Offline viewing can be offered when combined with Download 2 Go functionality in the Packager and Protection product.
HOW TO DEPLOY
Time-shift TV offers multiple deployment options to suit various customer preferences. The product is offered as a managed service with Edgeware managing it from the cloud, or as an on-prem for deployment on standard computing platforms in data centers or private/public clouds.
The wide range of deployment options provides unique elastic scaling capabilities to suit your specific business needs.