Ad Enabler, part of Edgeware’s StreamBuilder product family provides a frame-accurate segmentation of live streams enabling personalized ads in your live OTT, live to VoD and time-shift TV for DASH and HLS clients.
The Ad Enabler detects the SCTE-35 markers in the incoming stream and adjusts the segments’ length (chunks) to exactly fit the ad break duration without loosing content frames and avoiding glitches between content and ad. Integrated with leading ad stitching and ad decision technologies, the Ad Enabler enables both client-side (CSAI) and server-side (SSAI) ad insertion.
WHAT IT DOES
- Enables dynamic ad insertion in DASH and HLS formats for live OTT, live to VOD and time-shift TV
- Detects the SCTE-35 ad markers in the live incoming stream
- Adjusts and cuts the segments with frame-accurate segmentation to exactly fit the length of the ad break to avoid that the ad break drifts
- The adjusted segments and the SCTE-35 markers are packaged in the requested ABR format in the manifest
- Deploy on-prem or as Edgeware Cloud Service
HOW IT WORKS
- The live stream including the SCTE-35 markers are ingested into Edgeware’s Ingest and Segmentation.
- The Ad Enabler detects the SCTE-35 markers and performs frame-accurate segmentation. This fine-granular adjustment ensures that the length of the segments corresponds with the length of the ad break.
- Based on the client device the segmented stream is packaged to the requested ABR format HLS and DASH with the SCTE-35 markers in the manifest.
- The manifest is delivered to the client or the ad stitching system depending if CSAI or SSAI is chosen.
HOW TO DEPLOY
Ad Enabler offers multiple deployment options to suit various customer preferences. The product is offered as a managed service with Edgeware managing it from the cloud, or as an on-prem for deployment on standard computing platforms in data centers or private/public clouds.
The wide range of deployment options provides unique elastic scaling capabilities to suit your specific business needs.