Edgeware’s TV Ad Insertion offering includes an Ad Enabler product for OTT TV and an Ad Stitching product for IPTV. Both products enable you to deliver a personalized viewing experience to your viewers at the right time by dynamically inserting new ads when the content is requested by the client device. You can even enable conditional black-out or program replacement to create a customized or local adaptation to a channel.
Ad Enabler – Deliver a glitch-free viewing experience for your OTT TV audience avoiding lost content and ensuring an accurate transition between the content and the new ad in your HTTP delivery.
Ad Stitching – Deliver personalized ads for your IPTV audience by stitching in targeted ads in your RTSP delivery.
WHAT IT DOES
- Enables dynamic ad insertion in DASH and HLS format for live OTT (HTTP)
- Detects ad markers (SCTE-35) in incoming live stream
- Performs frame-accurate segmentation of incoming stream to make sure segments are cut to correspond exactly to the length of the ad break
- Provides client-side ad insertion (CSAI) and enables server-side ad insertion (SSAI) in integrated solution
- Proven in integration with leading ad stitching and ad decision technology vendors
- Enables conditional black-out and localized program replacement
- Deploy on-prem or as Edgeware Cloud Service
WHAT IT DOES
- Provides dynamic ad insertion for IPTV by stitching targeted ads into RTSP delivery
- Detects ad markers (SCTE-35) in the transport stream
- Provides server-side ad insertion (SSAI)
- High performance deliveryof content and stitched-in ad to the client without buffering or glitches
- Enables pre-, mid- and post-roll ad insertion
HOW IT WORKS
- The live stream including the SCTE-35 markers are ingested into the Edgeware Origin.
- The Ad Enabler detects the SCTE-35 markers and performs frame-accurate segmentation to ensure that the length of the segments corresponds with the length of the ad break.
- The segmented stream is then repackaged based on the client device into the requested ABR format (DASH and HLS) in the manifest.
- The manifest is delivered to the client or the ad stitching system depending whether CSAI or SSAI is preferred.
HOW IT WORKS
- The Ad Stitching detects ad markers in the transport stream.
- Through integration with VAST-compatible ad decision server the personalized ad is fetched and stitched into the content stream.
- Content and personalized ad is streamed from Edgeware’s high performance TV server.
TV Ad Insertion
HOW TO DEPLOY
Edgeware Ad Enableroffers multiple deployment options for various customer preferences. Functions can be deployed on standard computing platforms, in your cloud infrastructure or as a cloud-hosted service in Edgeware Cloud Service. Read more about our cloud service here.
Edgeware Ad Stitching is deployed on Edgeware’s plug-and-play TV servers, optimized for TV right out-of-the-box.
The wide range of deployment options provides unique elastic scaling capabilities to suit your specific business needs