TV Repackager converts your live and VOD assets to the different streaming formats required by today’s devices such as HLS, DASH, MSS. Content can also be encrypted, and is applied on request according on its digital rights management (DRM) schemes.
Both TV repackaging and encryption are done on the fly. You only have to keep a single copy of your video profiles and the right ABR formats are generated on request. It also supports your existing VOD libraries without the need to reencode these assets. This translates into significant savings in storage. In addition, by having the functions in-house, you can rapidly support new client requirements and standards such as 4K, UHD, VR.
WHAT IT DOES
- Ingest only once, universal output formats – including HLS, MPEG-DASH, and MSS
- Content protection in the same workflow, integrated with all leading DRM providers including Verimatrix, PlayReady, Fairplay and Widevine.
- Ready to use with existing live and VOD assets without reencoding entire libraries
- Support for ad markers, black-out markers, multi-language audio and subtitles for each respective streaming format
- Stream latest 4K, UHD standards with subsecond latency.
HOW IT WORKS
- All of your assets, either live ATS feed or VOD or recordings, are ingested in the origin into a mezzanine format ready for rapid repackaging to required ABR format on request.
- When content is requested, Edgeware TV Repackager retrieves the requested content from Edgeware’s TV Content Capture, converts and encrypts to the right ABR format (e.g. HLS, DASH, MSS) required by the client device.
- Streaming can be delivered to clients via an Edgeware CDN or third party CDN providers.
HOW TO DEPLOY
Edgeware TV Repackager offers multiple deployment options for various customer preferences. Functions can be deployed on standard computing platforms or in the cloud.
Together, you create a flexible mix-and-match configuration which combines the benefits of elastic scaling with the ability to cost-effectively scale your TV delivery via a distributed TV CDN.