Edgeware’s origin architecture supports the concept of A:B manifest-based watermarking for OTT services.
The Edgeware TV Watermarker concept embeds a watermark using a unique combination of A and B versions of each segment. The A and B versions of segments are enabled by a watermarker profiler that uses a sophisticated way of identifying the parts of the bitstream that can be manipulated without degrading the picture. The A and B versions are included in the manifest and a unique stream is delivered to the client in the requested format
WHAT IT DOES
- The watermarker profiler identifies parts of the bitstream that can be manipulated without degrading the picture and creates an A and B version of the segments
- Edgeware’s TV Watermarker concept is independent of CDN used
- Saves storage in the origin
- Enables a unique combination of the A and B versions of the segments
- Supports HLS, DASH and MSS
HOW IT WORKS
- The first part of the process profiles and identifies the candidate blocks in the picture that can be manipulated without degrading the image.
- The Edgeware TV Watermarker concept creates a unique combination of the A and B versions of the segment.
- The content is repackaged into the format requested by the client (HLS, DASH and MSS) before it is streamed to the viewer’s device.
HOW TO DEPLOY
The TV Watermarker concept offers multiple deployment options for various customer preferences. It can be deployed on standard computing platforms, in your cloud infrastructure or as a cloud-hosted service.
The wide range of deployment options provides unique elastic scaling capabilities to suit your specific business needs.